IT’S NOT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
What this past month has really taught me is that it’s so incredibly easy to hide how you’re really feeling on social media. While I’m in a pretty good place now, I’ve had a couple really upsetting things happen in my personal life recently but I doubt you will have been able to tell from my social media or YouTube channel. I didn’t have any photos to use for this topic so I’ve used some of the products from my monthly favourites video. Hope you don’t mind!
Part of the reason I’ve chosen not to mention this before is because my blog is my creative outlet and I want it to be a positive place for both myself and my readers to visit. However while I don’t want go into too much detail, it’s made me sooo much more aware that if I’m not sharing certain parts of my life on the internet, then you can bet that 99% of other people are doing the same. It’s not all smoothie bowls and pretty make up trust me!
Inspired by this, I want to start monthly edits called ‘& other notes’. The plan is to list the key events or notable things that happened to me during the month, alongside a more traditional ‘monthly favourites’ video. To kick this one off, I’ve filmed a special video with my friend Nisha who kindly offered to share her own monthly favourites with us. Scroll to the bottom of this post to watch!
THE MONTH IN REVIEW
1. Going to Brussels for 24 hours. Part of my job in social media allows me to travel which I’m extremely grateful for. I went to Brussels for 24hrs in May via the Eurostar and while it was just for the day I thoroughly enjoyed it.
2. Finding exercise I really enjoy. For a long time I used to exercise at home rather than going to a gym. However I wanted something which got me out the house for some ‘me’ time. Read more about that in this post. Now it’s been a good five months since I joined my local gym. To be fair it’s a pretty nice gym as gyms go but I pay for it and it makes the experience much more enjoyable for me.
After trying out different routines, I’ve found one that works for me. I head to the gym 3 or 4 times a week where I use the treadmill and do some mat exercises, along with a few reps on the leg machines. I haven’t quite left my home workouts behind though and still enjoy Ballet Beautiful and Pilates for toning. There’s still things I would like to change about my figure but I don’t think there are many women who are completely happy with their figure but I’m in a much better place than I used to be.
3. Never cut your own hair on a whim. I attempted to trim my fringe this month and I can’t say it turned out well. Throwback to the time when I used to beg my mum to let me cut my Barbie dolls’ hair. It would end up getting shorter and shorter…poor Barbie.
CHANGE THE WAY YOU ARE LOOKING AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE
4. Take things day by day. One of the people I love most in the world was given a nasty diagnosis this month. We’re just taking things day by day and that’s something I’m trying to do more in general. We can’t always plan exactly how our day/week/month is going to play out. However what we can do is trust that everything is part of a bigger picture – even when it might not seem like it.
5. Stepping outside my comfort zone. To end things on a positive, I filmed my first collaboration video with my friend Nisha for a May favourites video. I don’t care how many people do them, I still love to watch and film favourites videos. My friend Nisha is really into her beauty and skincare. She has some really good picks so definitely give this a watch to see what she’s been loving recently. I’ll be back same time next week with another video. In the meantime I hope you enjoyed this new feature on the blog!
I have a feeling June will be a good month. Hopefully a little less stressful and I’d like to get another holiday booked in at some point. Also, I feel like I didn’t spend much on clothes this month so expect to see some hauls next month…
What are some of your notes from the month of May?